Monday, March 22, 2010

partner journal



I am involved in a partner journal with Wendy in Australia. These are the seventh set of layouts that I have done. These layouts are in my journal.

I have had trouble getting back into my art after the hectic Christmas and New Year break, so these are simple layouts.

The theme for these pages was hopes, dreams or aspirations for 2010 or beyond.
The background for the first page is scrapbooking paper, the nest and egg are collaged on, the background is smudged with gesso, the writing is in black Pitt Artist pen and white Signo pen.

The background of the second page was stamped with text, then painted over with acrylic and gesso. The daisies were collaged on, then I drew and wrote over the top. I love Ali Edwards' ideas on taking one little word as a theme for your year!

2 comments:

sweetcheeks said...

Those journal pages might be simple but they are splendid. That shiny egg is just over the top! Love it.

margaret said...

Great pages Leanne! I especially like the simplify text, well said! I wish you well with your golden egg this year,I hope it holds a wonderful treasure inside! Margaret