Friday, July 3, 2009

lady macbeth


"Those whom the gods would destroy, they first make mad"
This is a collage journal page on black paper. The image is a vintage book clipping of Lady Macbeth.
I started the page with Naples Yellow acrylic paint, then crackled over purple paint with a crackle medium. I glued torn pieces of serviette around the outside edge and glued the Lady Macbeth in the centre. The border was drawn with Sakura glaze pen and black Sharpie. So was the text. I just made up the font as I wrote it because I didn't want to use computer font (I am trying to do more of my own lettering! Man, do I need to loosen up though!!) Then I drew around Lady Macbeth with the black Sharpie as well.
If you click on the image to get a closer look, you will see the cool textures from the two colour crackle!

4 comments:

pinkglitterfae said...

great image! you have neat writing, it really stands out and adds to the art. Love the crackle effect! I've never been able to get mine to work very well :-(

Jennifer Williams said...

I agree it's a cool image too. I'm loving the background! Great work.

Margaret said...

I love the colours in this piece and the closeup is brill, great crackle effect, something else I must have a go at! I think your handwriting is fab, it's also something I have trouble doing on my own work, why is that I wonder??! M

Anonymous said...

Brilliant work on the Macbeth image and background love the saying too
Hugs June