Monday, October 19, 2009

fruits



This is a scan of a drawing I did recently in pencil from an image in a book. Unfortunately I still haven't got the hang of scanning pencil drawings and getting them to come out looking right. It is a lot clearer in real life. I love drawing and I find that it really relaxes me. I disappear into another world when I am concentrating on the lines and spaces and time passes so quickly. If I do a long drawing session then I come out of it physically tired. Does drawing exhaust and relax you?


The book is fantastic inspiration and a fantastic source for people who like drawing fashion. The book is called "Fruits" by Phaidon. Here is the link to it on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Fruits-Shoichi-Aoki/dp/0714840831/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1255072696&sr=8-1

And here is a link to the exhibition:

http://www.powerhousemuseum.com/exhibitions/fruits.asp

The Tokyo Street Style outfits are funky and crazy and fun to draw!!! Below is the page that I used as a model to draw from.





1 comment:

Lucky Dip Lisa said...

Great drawing! Wish I was half as good!